Friday, November 18, 2005

Urban Legends of Rock

Good morning everyone, just a quick post today, its not really science related but fun nevertheless. Below are a few urban legends about rock stars, some of them are true, others are false but I’d like you guys to try and decide which are which.

1: Van Halen's standard contract for performing contained a provision calling for them to be provided with a bowl of M&Ms, but with all the brown ones removed.

2: Frank Zappa ate excrement on stage in order to win a gross out competition.

3: Rolling Stone Keith Richard kicked his heroin addiction by replacing all of his blood at a Swiss medical clinic.

4: Marilyn Manson was Paul Pfeiffer in TV show the wonder years.

5: Mike Nesmith’s (from the Monkee’s) mother was the inventor of liquid paper correction fluid (Tippex).

6: the first Kiss comic book was printed using a combination of red ink mixed with the band members blood.

Answers on the back of a postcard please (or in the comments below). Just write the numbers with a capital T or F, indicating which statements you think are true or false.

That’s all for now

DWB


3 Comments:

Blogger DarkWood said...

Alright, here goes:

1.) False

2.) True

3.) False (I think he tried that procedure but I don't think that in and of itself will cure an addiction, but I've been wrong before, hahaha)

4.) False

5.) True

6.) False

That's my best effort, anyhoo. Music celebrity trivia not my greatest strength. :-)

11:59 am  
Blogger dwb said...

Good Afternoon everyone!
Well I was kind of hopong for a better turn out for this quiz but nevermind.
Ms. Golliwog, pity you didnt take part, you'd ahve had a 50-50 chance on each one anyhoo.
so Mr Wood, Mr Monkey, the answers are as follows:
1)true
2)false
3)false
4)false
5)true
6)true

There results are according some site that I ripped them off, so they may not be 100% accurate as with anything off the web. But question 2 is definately true because I've read it in FZ's autobiography where he denies eating shite.

12:53 pm  
Blogger DarkWood said...

Damn, hahaha. I haven't actually read Zappa's autobiography, but the story of the FZ vs. the Sex Pistols Gross Out Contest is damn near legendary and I've heard about it so much that I've allowed it to sink in. Ah well, never claimed I wasn't gullible, hahaha.

5:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home